Since its early pioneering research in silicones, DOWSIL™ has gained the experience that has made it a leading authority in silicones worldwide. DOWSIL™ adhesives and sealants, play a key role in helping industry meet the needs of the future.
DOWSIL™ Adhesives and Sealants
Many components in the automotive, electronics, electrical and engineering industries require sealing or gaskets to protect against dust and moisture or to prevent gas and liquid leakage.
Typical characteristics of Dowsil sealants are:
- Excellent resistance to prolonged compression set, even at extreme temperatures
- Good adhesion to all substrates
- Long-term stability over a very wide temperature range ( -60°C to > 200°)
- Resistance to oil, water, refrigerants, detergents and many other chemicals
- Resistance to various climatic factors (UV, ozone, oxidation)
- Excellent electrical properties
- Low flammability and toxicity near heat sources
- Do not require solvents during the process.
DOWSIL™ Electronics Protection Products
DOWSIL™ electronics adhesives have always been recognized as the world leader in silicones. The Electronics Division is entirely dedicated to the development of products and technologies dedicated to the world of electronics, starting from semiconductor production to the assembly stage.
In electronics, silicones are preferred for the following characteristics:
- excellent dielectric properties
- excellent weathering resistance
- stability over a wide temperature range
- good adhesion to a wide variety of substrates
- lower stresses on components
- resistance to ultraviolet radiation and chemicals.
The products can be used for applications in modules, connectors, sensors, PCBs, and many more. The DOWSIL™ range includes:
- Electronics adhesives, designed for component clamping, joint sealing and protection of delicate components
- Silicone Conformal Coatings for protecting printed circuit boards from moisture, contaminants, mechanical abrasion, thereby preventing short circuits and increasing board life. Products conform to the circuit board while protecting it for a long time
- Silicone-based encapsulants and gels designed to electrically insulate and protect electronic components from harsh chemicals, mechanical stress, and external tampering.
- The gels are particularly suitable for sensitive components.
- Heat-conductive materials developed to meet the ever-increasing needs to dissipate heat in components that are becoming smaller, more powerful, and faster. DOWSIL™ thermal conductives are available both in ‘wet’ form, i.e., to be cured, and in film or mat form.
Other DOWSIL™ Applications
DOWSIL™ silicone fluids are useful at high temperatures, such as as bases for special lubricants or diathermic oils. Silicone compounds act as release and protective agents, used for electrical connections, O-rings and more. Benefits include longer service life, reduced costs, increased productivity and reliability under harsh conditions.
In the solar panel and photovoltaic device industry, DOWSIL™ silicone products improve efficiency and durability. They are used as protective coatings, adhesives and sealants during assembly. These silicones are ideal for solar and photovoltaic panel applications, withstanding the sun’s relentless rays year after year.